As humans we are born pre-wired for receiving guidance from our higher spiritual selves, angels, and God. In Lesson #6, I outlined the intuitive channels we have for receiving this higher guidance, namely clairvoyance (clear seeing), clairaudience (clear hearing), clairsentience (clear feeling), and claircognizance (clear knowing). Being aware of these channels can help awaken our connection to spirit, but there's another important piece we need to look at: what we are doing that blocks higher guidance from coming through? The following list contains several common traps that prevent us from accessing our divine connection.
2. Distractions. Anything that consumes our time and energy focusing on problems: weight issues, health issues, relationship issues, money issues, etc.
4. Inadequate Breathing. Holding our breath or breathing shallowly will cut us off from the flow of higher guidance coming through.
6. Worry. A pattern of worry and low self-esteem ties us to the constricted thinking of the ego.
7. Thinking Too Much. The ego loves to think, plan and scheme. The Higher Self aspect of us is content just to be, understanding that we will be guided to take any necessary or beneficial action.
8. The Media. The media focuses on, amplifies, and sensationalizes problems, while spirit would have us focus on, and thus create more good.
9. Chronic Negativity. Indulging the undisciplined mind in a pattern of negativity and complaining kills inspiration and creates more opportunities to complain.
10. Past and Future. Dwelling on the past or projecting into the future cuts us off from our internal guidance, because spirit lives in the present moment.
11. Drama!!! When we're busy putting out fires and riding an emotional roller coaster we cannot hear the peaceful voice of spirit, and we get trapped in the little world of the ego.