For a while now (since the 1960s, but especially since the mid-1980's), humanity has been undergoing a fairly intense period of evolution. In terms of human consciousness, it's as if someone put a kettle on the fire. Things have been heating up over time, but in 2012, we seem to have reached the boiling point.
For some of us, this has been a gradual process. We heard the inner call for change, did the work, read the books, attended the workshops. Others of us have been busy just living our lives, and haven't consciously noticed the inner call for change---that is, until now.
When evolutionary leaps happen, and the very fabric of our consciousness changes, we may experience mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual "symptoms." While these can vary in quality and intensity from person to person, there are common symptoms that many of us can relate to. Here are a few of them:
1. Feeling unusually unsettled, depressed, weepy, or anxious
2. Swings in energy level and mood (dramatic ups and downs)
3. An urgent desire to "find yourself" or find a deeper purpose in life
4. A sudden change or ending with regard to relationships, job, residence, activities, etc.
5. Increased sensitivity to foods, drugs, fragrances, crowds, noise
6. A feeling that something has changed inside you, or that you don't recognize yourself
7. Noticing that whatever hasn't been working (or has been operating underground) is now busting to the surface to be healed or released
8. An increased occurrence of coincidences
9. Sleep changes, frequent waking, vivid dreams
10. Periods of chronic or intense fatigue and/or listlessness
11. Unusual aches and pains throughout the body
12. Growing intolerance for "old school" attitudes, prejudice, etc. Or, conversely, a growing ability to accept life as it is
13. Ringing in the ears, or headaches
14. Experiencing psychic phenomena (seeing or hearing things, having premonitions, getting strong gut feelings, etc.)
15. Being weary of life and feeling a sense of wanting to "go home"
16. Feeling generally overwhelmed with life
Needless to say, all of this can be draining and unsettling, especially if we don't realize what's going on. It's easy to spin out of control and think that there's something seriously wrong with us or the people around us.
The good news is that we are all in this together, and that we're moving toward something better than we've previously known. The challenge is that we can't opt out or make the process stop. Resistance is futile, but keeping your sense of humor and remembering that this, too, shall pass should help you get through it. (And, of course, if you feel you need the help of professionals, definately seek it).
So, what Ascension symptoms do you have?